Inmate Contact Visitation Rules
Inmate Contact Visitation Rules Effective 06/01/2019
- Contact visits are allowed for Attorneys, Law Enforcement, Probation and Parole, Clergy, inmate welfare programs and other similar programs.
- Clergy is defined as a Minister, Priest, Elder, Rabbi, Imam or others ordained for religious duties as distinguished from the laity.
- Clergy must be a member of a “brick and mortar” establishment with a verifiable physical address. No internet churches or social medial churches are acceptable.
- Clergy member must be able to produce certifiable documentation upon request.
- Visitors convicted of a violent crime will not be allowed to visit unless specifically approved by a Lieutenant, the Captain, the Major, or the Sheriff in special circumstances.
- All persons and property that enter the jail are subject to search at any time.
- No Weapons of any kind are authorized in the jail and must be secured outside of the jail prior to entry.
- All visitors must show a valid government issued photo-identification card and be approved for entry by the Shift Supervisor every time they request entry into the jail. All visitors shall sign a document; at least once annually (in January), indicating they understand the rules for inmate contact visits and that any visit may be suspended or cancelled at any time for reasonable justification.
- Absolutely no items, booklets, paperwork, reading or religious materials, etc. will be passed during visitation; Bibles can be dropped at the Jail Clerk Office during normal business hours.
- All scheduled visitation will be provided to a Pod. Individual clergy visitation will only be authorized at the request of the inmate. Maximum of two clergy per pod or one clergy per individual visit.
- No cellular telephones, radios, or other similar electronic devices are authorized in the jail and should be left outside the jail or turned into the Booking Officer immediately upon entry into the jail.
- Contact visits will be 25 minutes in length and must be scheduled with the Jail Clerk Office between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Contact visits can only be scheduled weekly. The visitation log will be opened on each Friday for the following week. You must schedule each visit a minimum of one day in advance. Each approved Clergy member will be allowed one visit per week.
- When contacting the Jail Office to schedule a Clergy visit you must identify all approved Clergy members who will be accompanying you and the name of the inmate or the Pod you are visiting. Any changes to your scheduled visit must be made a minimum of one day in advance (i.e. changing people, time, etc).
- Contact visit will be authorized between the following hours and days unless special permission of Command Staff is obtained.
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Thursday – 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday – 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM