Effective March 18, 2020
In response to novel coronavirus, the Cole County Recorder of Deeds Office will be providing only essential services. We are finding ways to limit public access and reduce exposure to office employees and citizens.
We are open to the Public.
- Business will be conducted through a glass by-pass window.
- At this time, for new marriage license applicants (who have their Date and Location setup already with an Officiant to solemnize marriage) , call the Recorder’s Office and make an appointment at: 573-634-9114
- In response to the Coronavirus Disease, updates are being made daily. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our office.
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missouri 24 hour hotline: 877-435-8411
- Additional Information:
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding through this emergency!
Judy K. Ridgeway.
Welcome to the Cole County Recorder’s Office!
The Recorder of Deeds is an elected official with a four year term.
Judy K. Ridgeway took office January 1, 2019.
The Recorder of Deeds mission is to provide timely, accurate access to data and permanent records which have long-term value for individual citizens, mortgage and real estate industries, title companies, utility companies, surveyors, other corporate entities, local and state governments, legal offices and also for historical purposes.
Records in this office provide data about real estate transactions in a historical perspective. Deeds, deeds of trust, releases, easements, surveys, plats, restrictions, cemetery deeds, wills, right of ways, articles of incorporation, patents, affidavits and marriage license information make up an example of the documents.