Effective March 18, 2020
Recorder of Deeds Operations Plan: Corona Virus
In response to the novel corona virus, the Cole County Recorder of Deeds Office will be providing essential services. We are finding ways to limit public access and reduce exposure to office employees and citizens.
We are open to the Public.
- Business will be conducted through a glass by-pass window
- All in-person services are available by appointment until further notice
- New marriage license applicants (who have their Date and Location setup already with an Officiant to solemnize marriage), call the Recorder's Office and make an appointment at: 573-634-9114
- In response to the Corona Virus Disease, updates are being made daily. These Changes are in place until the situation is re-evaluated by the Jefferson City/ Cole County Health Department
- Questions? Email: email@example.com
- Missouri 24 hour hotline: 877-435-8411
- Additional Information:
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding through this emergency!
Judy K. Ridgeway
Welcome to the Cole County Recorder's Office
The Recorder of Deeds is an elected official with a four year term.
Judy K. Ridgeway took office January 1, 2019.
The Recorder of Deeds mission is to provide timely, accurate access to data and permanent records which have long-term value for individual citizens, mortgage and real estate industries, title companies, utility companies, surveyors, other corporate entities, local and state governments, legal offices and also for historical purposes.
Records in this office provide data about real estate transactions in a historical perspective. Deeds, deeds of trust, releases, easements, surveys, plats, restrictions, cemetery deeds, wills, right of ways, articles of incorporation, patents, affidavits and marriage license information make up an example of the documents.